Saturday 30 June 2012

CampNaNoWriMo Challenge completed

Well, it was touch and go as to whether I would manage to complete the challenge but I managed it, and with 50,111 words. So I get to display the coveted winners badge, but I am feeling very proud of myself :)

I rewrote a story I submitted for my Open Univeristy Creative Writing course that I got marked down on for being too big for the word count of 2000 words, and my tutor was right, because I've now written 50k and have had the opportunity to explore the characters as they should be explored.

Now I have to edit it, so could be several years before anything has been done with it. I always start editing with good intentions and then get bored, so will need to be more disciplined I think.

I'd love for this to be a young adult book. It has adventure, mystery and just a touch of romance, as well as the discovery of a dire secret...but I won't say anymore here...I'll save that for my editing zone.

Anyway, here's my badge and I'm very, very proud of myself as I had to write 4-6k words a day to hit the deadline:

1 comment: