Friday 5 October 2012

Yet another post

I really do need to get in the habit of writing everyday, so here I am, talking to myself on the big wide world web, LOL.

I've been reading some more of 'Story' by Robert McKee, and have been doing some freewriting/talking to myself about possible stories for the first assignment that's due on 1st November - a 1500 story that I'll have to adapt to a short play/screenplay for the next one, concentrating on dramatic techniques.

Talking of 'Story' I've been reading up on what a 'protagonist' means in far more detail than I ever have, and have been learning more about the design that goes into a story.

I even read eight pages of the text book, which is rather impressive for me, and think I'm definitely going to finish 'Story' as it's much more intense.

I'm going to keep a diary for the first week on study - I'll tell you why later - but it'll be good to look back on and remind myself how excited I was. 

I've done very little on the editing side of things, although I am at the start of chapter three, I can't let my book take precedence over my course. 

Tomorrow morning, I'll be like a little kid when I log on to the course website (which opens tomorrow). I'll get to see who's in my group and then I'll write, write, write...

No comments:

Post a Comment