Wednesday 26 September 2012

And so it begins...

I'm having ever such an exciting day. My Open university course sites opened today - both of them - and it was great to log in and click all the links; it's like going to that first day at school. You have your new pens and pencils, your new bag and accessories, and...well, the OU had a shiny new website for us, all updated with the information on the left hand side now on the right (just to confuse me).

I found out who my two tutors are for AA100 (Arts past and present) and A363 (Advanced Creative Writing), so of course, I had to go and 'google' them and see who they are, and what their academic achievements were and, well, lets just say I wasn't the only one playing detective.

So my first tutorial is on the 6th October (the day AA100 starts), so I'm not sure if that's a mistake or I have a super eager tutor who is as excited as us students. I'm really looking forward to it and will be taking my new pens and pencils and notebooks.

I think the editing might take a backseat though (sshhh don't tell Woosha), I'm itching to get those books read now and get my lovely new desk cleared of all the rubbish I deposited on it over the holidays. I shall continue the editing of course but this is an important year for me (so I may not meet that submission deadline), I'm doing a level three and to achieve a pass 2 (B grade), but haven;t a single story in my head at the moment.

So wish me luck, because I'm ever so nervous at doing such a high level course (and hoping I can look back at this post at the end of May and laugh at myself)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    Your story will storm the charts if you will only knuckle down and get on with editing. No excuses. When the course starts you will have to organise yourself, but there's so much you can do in a week!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete