Saturday 6 October 2012

Day One of 2012/13 Study

I was up at seven this morning, feeling very much like a kid at Christmas - why? - well, because my course sites were live today, and even before I had my first cup of tea I was logging in to see the message my A363 tutor had written and then it hit me - I'm doing a level 3 with a focus on something I've never done before in my life (screen writing), and I came to the conclusion that I'm off my head.

Cue a moment of panic as I do a virtual run to Facebook for reassurance, only to discover a lot of my fellow students feeling exactly the same way, but there's no time for this, I've a tutorial for AA100 at 11am and a ten year old who thinks he's surgically attached to the computer. I ended up rushing around the house getting him (and myself) ready.

Anyway, I made it to the bus stop at my intended time, only to get into Paisley too early, still, it gave me the opportunity to nip into the pound shop and stock up on notebook essentials.

I found the University entrance and go to the scheduled room, only to discover ten minutes later that there are two rooms with the same number, but still, I got there in the end and had a great tutorial. It was more of a get to know you tutorial than anything else, and was pleasant, as I had forgotten how less stressful level one's are - the actual reading of the course work doesn't start until next Saturday, whereas A363 (the level 3) has an immediate start. The tutor seems really nice and approachable, and I feel rather motivated.

I'm back home now, still with no books opened up but I will make a start today, once I've done a little more procrastination...

No comments:

Post a Comment